Try this easy-to-make colorful noodle salad recipe perfect for your kid’s lunchbox or for your next picnic hangout.
300g of thin rice noodles
15 cherry tomatoes
130g of baby corn
4 spring onions (scallions)
1 red capsicum
115g of cashews
1 bunch of coriander with root
Coriander micro-greens or cilantro (optional)
Edible flowers (optional)
For the dressing:
2 garlic cloves
1 lemongrass stalk
30ml of fish sauce
15g of brown sugar or palm sugar
2 lime juice
1 chili (optional)
1 tablespoon of coriander root
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 200 C.
2. Place the cashews in a cooking tray. Drizzle olive oil and salt and roast for 8 minutes.
3. Cut the mango, carrot and capsicum in thin stripes (juliennes).
4. Blanch the baby corn in boiling water then add ice to stop the cooking.
5. Add boiling water to the rice noodles and set aside for 10 minutes.
6. For the dressing, crush the garlic, chili, lemongrass and the coriander root (You can use a mortar and pestle).
7. Bring the boil the lime, fish sauce and palm sugar, add the syrup to the mix of the mortar.
8. Mix the noodles, with the carrots, mango, tomatoes, baby corn, capsicum and spring onions, shallots, squeeze 1 more lime and mix with the dressing.
9. Add the salad to bowl, garnish with cashews, micro-greens or edible flowers.
*Serves 4 persons