“Everyone should learn how to program a computer because it teaches you how to think. More and more people agree with Steve Jobs and computer programming literacy is becoming essential.”
Increasingly, to excel in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects, especially in colleges, computer-programming literacy has become critical. STEM subjects do not just improve college or job readiness – research suggests that four in five STEM professionals decide on their career in high school or earlier. STEM, by focusing on doing rather than reading about it, encourages creativity leading to innovative ideas.
The Coding Circle is a new initiative started in Dubai to teach computer programming to kids from 10 years and above. At Coding Circle, kids are taught programming using methodologies and tools used by developers from industry.
“Software is driving the growth of the Internet, the proliferation of mobile apps and the nascent Internet of Things. Software is the new universal language and understanding it at a young age provides students with a competitive advantage. The Coding Circle is an alternative based in Dubai to summer camps and courses offered by educational institutions abroad.”
The Coding Circle started with a pilot course in the summer of 2014 and since then, over 100 students have taken at least one of the courses offered by the tech education company. Starting November 7th, a new beginners’ course is being offered to 10-16 year olds: Introduction to Web Development.
- Students learn to plan and develop a user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) – critical to building a successful web or mobile application.
- In addition, the course introduces the basics of proper product management and scaling as well as current trends in design and best practices in HTML5, CSS3.
- Students define their own projects and work in teams of up to three. By the completion of the course students are able to design and build a dynamic website which they can deploy on a hosted server online.
- Dates: November: 7, 14, 21, 28; December: 5, 12
- Time: 10-13:30
- Location: The Bureau Dubai, Downtown Dubai
Register now! Number of seats is limited.
Registrations are open until November 5th
On our website: www.thecodingcircle.com
Via email: email@example.com
By telephone: 04-427-2107