- Serves: 4 persons
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked (45 min – 1 hr at 220C)
- 2 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of paprika
- 2 tea spoon of chili chipotle
- 1 tea spoon of cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves,chopped
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 shallot
- 1 stalk of spring onions
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup of fresh cheese (al baladi)
- Optional: 1/4 cup of sour cream
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 220C.
- Cover the sweet potato with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour, until soft.
- Remove the inside of the sweet potato with a spoon and bring the aluminum foil to the sides.
- Rub the chicken with paprika,cinnamon, chipotle,garlic, salt and pepper. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet heat oil and cook the marinated chicken. When cooked, shred the chicken and set aside.
- Dice the shallot, capsicum and spring onions.
- Cook the spinach with the shallot and capsicum, mix them with the mashed sweet potato, add the olive oil the lemon zest and the juice, season with salt and pepper. Add in the shredded chicken.
- To assemble, scoop the sweet potato mashed mix inside on every sweet potato and sprinkle with the cheese and spring onions then garnish with coriander leaves.
Did you know:
100 Grams of Sweet Potato = 86 calories
Learn how to speak like a ‘Chef’, this month’s word is DICE, this means: ‘.. to cut vegetables into small cubes’
Chef Cristina ‘Cris’ is currently a Chef at Top Chef Cooking Studio in Dubai,where she teaches Vegetarian, Mexican & Thai Cuisine. She enjoys teaching kids how to cook together with living a healthy lifestyle. Prior to her current role, Chef Cris has International Culinary Experience in places like Thailand, USA, France & Mexico.
Follow Chef Cris on Instagram, click here